Nomination Information – 2022 Greater Washington Jewish Sports Hall of Fame
APPLICATION DEADLINE Friday, March 4, 2022
The Greater Washington Jewish Sports Hall of Fame honors outstanding Jewish athletes and sports professionals who have strong ties to the Greater Washington Jewish community.
Hall of Fame inductees will be honored at the annual Dinner of Champions Saturday, November 19, 2022. The Dinner of Champions is the Bender JCC’s signature fundraising event and supports Camp JCC’s fully inclusive summer camp for children and young adults of all abilities.
The Greater Washington Jewish Sports Hall of Fame selection committee will review candidates for induction who meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate excellence in leadership, sportsmanship, and character.
- Have outstanding accomplishments as an athlete or sports professional.
- Are Jewish
- Are able to attend the event on November 19, 2022.
- Have ties to the Greater Washington, DC area, meeting at least one of the following requirements
- Born and/or raised in the area
- Attended high school or college in the area
- Participated in sports or in the sports profession in the area
- Currently living in the area OR lived here for a significant period of time
Nominees should be role models, embodying the values in the Bender JCC mission statement of respect, inclusiveness, and community, and their current and past contributions to the field of sports should be reflective of these values.
The Greater Washington Jewish Sports Hall of Fame selection committee invites those who have nominated a candidate to briefly present on behalf of their candidate via Zoom. The date will be confirmed with the nomination information. This is the only opportunity for those who have nominated a candidate to present on their behalf. Presentations should not exceed two minutes.
Looking to nominate a high school athlete for the Perlo High School Athlete Award? Visit our Hyman M. and Phillip D. Perlo High School Athlete Award page for more information and the nomination form.
MORE INFO ON THE PERLO HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETE AWARD
Please contact Jodi Shulimson at 301-348-3769 with questions.