Nomination Information – 2023 Greater Washington Jewish Sports Hall of Fame
APPLICATION DEADLINE Friday, February 24, 2023. – Now Closed
The Greater Washington Jewish Sports Hall of Fame honors outstanding Jewish athletes and sports professionals who have strong ties to the Greater Washington Jewish community. Hall of Fame inductees will be honored on Saturday, November 18, 2023, at the annual Dinner of Champions, supporting Lessans Camp JCC’s fully inclusive summer camp for children and young adults of all abilities.
Nominees must be Jewish, and meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate excellence in leadership, sportsmanship, and character.
- Have outstanding and notable accomplishments as an athlete or sports professional.
- Able to attend Dinner of Champions on November 18, 2023.
Additionally, nominees should embody the values of the Bender JCC and must have ties to the Greater Washington, D.C. area, meeting at least one of the following requirements:
- Born and/or raised in Greater Washington.
- Attended high school or college in the Greater Washington area.
- Participated in sports or in the sports profession in the Greater Washington area.
- Currently living in Greater Washington OR have lived here for a significant period of time.
The Greater Washington Jewish Sports Hall of Fame selection committee invites those who have nominated a candidate to briefly present on behalf of their candidate via Zoom. The date will be confirmed with the nomination information. This is the only opportunity for those who have nominated a candidate to present on their behalf. Presentations should not exceed two minutes.
2023 JEWISH SPORTS HALL OF FAME NOMINATION – Closed
Looking to nominate a high school athlete for the Perlo High School Athlete Award? Visit our Hyman M. and Phillip D. Perlo High School Athlete Award page for more information and the nomination form.
MORE INFO ON THE PERLO HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETE AWARD
Please contact Jodi Shulimson at 301-348-3769 with questions.