Team Greater Washington
Team Greater Washington will be looking for athletes ages 13-16 to compete in a number of different sports. If you are interested in getting involved, please let us know now! email@example.com
Created to promote community service, sportsmanship, and build Jewish identity, the JCC Maccabi Games are a week-long Olympic-style event for young athletes aged 13-16. Held in different locations throughout the United States every summer, the games generate enthusiasm and excitement for everyone involved, from young athletes and volunteers to coaches and host families. The Games are co-sponsored by the Jewish Community Center Association of North America, Maccabi World Union, Maccabi Canada, and Maccabi USA/Sports for Israel. Today, over 3,000 teens participate in the JCC Maccabi Games® each summer, making it the largest organized sports program for Jewish teenagers in the world.
The Mid-Atlantic Junior Games offer a one-day sports experience for Jewish athletes ages 9-12, modeled after the JCC Maccabi Games. The Jr. Games draw participants throughout the east coast for a day of spirited competition in team and individual sports!
JCC Maccabi Games
2023 JCC Maccabi Games (ages 13-16) Israel and Ft Lauderdale
The JCC Maccabi Games will occur in two exciting locations this summer, Israel and Ft Lauderdale. We will field teams based on interest, so if you are interested in getting involved with Team Greater Washington, please let us know now! firstname.lastname@example.org
ISRAEL | July 5-25, 2023
- Ages 14-17
- Sports Offered: Baseball, Basketball, Ice Hockey, Girls’ Volleyball, Flag Football, Soccer, Tennis, Swimming, Dance
- Highlights include: Week-long JCC Maccabi Games competition in Haifa in partnership with Maccabi World Union. Olympic style sporting events, including competitions, opening, and closing ceremonies, large cultural events, and more. An unforgettable 12-day tour of Israel’s most culturally, religiously, and historically significant sites. Exploring Israel through a sports lens, including opportunities to meet with influential Israeli speakers, coaches, and professional athletes. Participating in volunteer service projects.
- This experience is ONLY available for participants who can join for the entire 3- week program
- The registration fee is $4500 per participant. This all-inclusive fee includes: Registration fees, flights, 2-week tour, transportation, uniform and delegation gear, meals, social events and other accommodations throughout the program.
FORT LAUDERDALE | August 6-11, 2023
- Ages 13-16
- Team Greater Washington will take 50 athletes in the following sports: Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Swim, Tennis, Soccer
- Highlights include: Olympic-style sport competitions, including opening and closing ceremonies, and a tribute to the Munich 11. Home hospitality with local Jewish host families. JCC Cares community service projects. Hangtime programming with Israeli schlichim. Evening social events.
- The registration fee is $2300 per participant (all inclusive)
** Due to the limited number of roster spots our Delegation was allotted for Ft. Lauderdale, we aim to bring full rosters in U16 and U14 Baseball, U16 and U14 Boys Basketball, and U16 Girls Basketball. We have limited remaining spots for individual and other team sports.
Please contact us with any questions.
2023 JCC ISRAEL MACCABI GAMES TRYOUTS *
Israel | July 5, 2023 – July 25, 2023
||Sun. December 4 | 8:00 – 9:30 AM
||Bender JCC Gymnasium
||Sun. December 4 | 10:00 – 11:00 AM
||Bender JCC Gymnasium
*Dates, times, and locations subject to changes
Mid-Atlantic Mini and Junior Maccabi Games
2023 Mid-Atlantic Junior and Mini Games | Baltimore, Sunday, May 7, 2023
The one-day Mid-Atlantic Junior Games tournament is back! Open to athletes ages 9-12 (as of April 1, 2023). What you can expect: an Olympic-style parade of athletes and opening ceremonies beginning at 8:30 AM. Round Robin play followed by the medal round and consolation games, with the tournament concluding around 6:00 PM.
Competition will be held in the following sports*
- Table Tennis
- Flag Football
- Girls Softball
*The inclusion of a sport at the games is dependent upon registration being large enough to field a tournament or program.
In the News