Senior Nutrition is back at the JCC!
The Selma Sweetbaum Senior Satellite Program (Senior Satellite Program) strives to prevent isolation, improve nutrition, build community, and enable participants to age, in place, with appropriate connections to support services. In addition to providing hot, nutritious kosher lunches, the program offers health and wellness opportunities such as exercise classes, blood pressure screenings, discussions, lectures, and social programs to engage and stimulate the mind and spirit. *Please note you must be fully vaccinated to participate.
Wellness Wednesdays at the Bender JCC occur during the Fall, Winter, and Spring.
SAMPLE PROGRAM SCHEDULE
- 10:00 – 11:00 AM: Chair Exercise with Cynthia Anderson
- 11:00 AM – 11:45 AM: Music, Speakers, Current Events!
- 12:00 – 1:00 PM: Lunch (Suggested $5 donation)
- Week 1: Fish, Noodle Pudding, Spinach Salad
- Week 2: Sweet/Sour Meatballs, Rice, Braised Cabbage
- Week 3: Mediterranean Chicken, Couscous, Mixed Veggies
- Week 4: Eggplant Parmesan, Pasta, Bean Vinaigrette
WINTER WEATHER POLICY: If Montgomery County Schools have a delayed opening or are closed, we will NOT meet.
For more information, contact Marcie Blackman – or call (301) 348-3808.