Dear Valued Members,
It has been so wonderful to see so many members and guests returning to the JCC the last 3 months. The building has been bustling again with camp and family programs and group fitness classes, and the sounds of basketballs bouncing in the gym, our pools full with members of all ages, and groups renting space for community programs. These are the sights and sounds of a vibrant Center that we missed so much during the earlier part of the pandemic when many individuals were staying home.
We had all hoped that COVID-19 was going to be in the rearview mirror but unfortunately public health challenges still lie ahead for us. As new variants of COVID-19 spread throughout our country we are once again faced with questions about how this fall will look and what we will need to do as a community to remain connected with each other but as safe as possible.
One thing is certain though – and that is that we have proven that we are resilient and nimble as a community. The Bender JCC through almost the entire pandemic has remained open, relevant, keeping our members of all ages connected in person and from a distance despite the obstacles. It hasn’t been without disruption and inconveniences and we continue to be grateful for your support, patience, and kindness as we navigate this next phase together.
After careful review of the Montgomery County Health Departments’ most recent mandates and our own internal health policies, beginning immediately, members will be asked to adhere to the following rules and guidelines regarding face coverings. Masks must be worn at all times while inside the Bender JCC building regardless of vaccination status, except when alone in an individual office space, when in the pool or showering, or if you have a documented disability or medical condition that is verified by a medical note from your doctor.
As we approach the Jewish New Year, it is our sincerest hope that each of you and your families experience joy, peace, and abundant health.
Chief Executive Officer
Health Policy Updates as of August 6, 2021
- Masks are required to be worn when entering/exiting the building, in all common areas and hallways, and the family locker rooms.
- Masks are OPTIONAL for outdoor adult programming.
- Social distancing is still encouraged and the fitness equipment will remain spaced to provide social distance to members while working out.
- Temperature checks and health screenings will no longer be required. Please do not come to the JCC if you have a temperature or are feeling ill.
- Acceptance of a new health waiver is required for your first return to the Bender JCC – you can sign it HERE.
- UPATED 7/6/21 – Members may now purchase guest passes at the front desk. A limited number of guest passes are available every day.
- All capacity restrictions have been lifted in the fitness center, pools, gymnasium and group exercise studios.
- Reservations are still required through ClubReady – make your reservations HERE.
- Reservation limits and time limits for reservations have been lifted.
- More than one person per lap lane is allowed, please view the updated pool schedules HERE.
Due to privacy issues, the Bender JCC will not track members’ vaccination status; however, we will ask members to share their COVID-19 vaccination status upon entry. We do strongly urge all members of the Bender JCC who are eligible to get vaccinated to do so. You can register for vaccinations in Maryland here.