Small Things Matter Kokua Foods Program
In-Person activity: $15 per family
At Home/Dropoff: FREE
Spend your Day of Service with the Bender JCC (or at home!)! Help us support Small Things Matter Kokua Foods Program to address food insecurity in our community.
IN PERSON: We will gather in small shifts outside to bag rice and beans for families in need. Your family ticket includes all the supplies needed. The only thing you need to do is bring your family! Select a 30-minute shift between 10 AM and 1 PM at the Bender JCC on March 31. (Inclement weather options will be provided if necessary)
This event will be held outside and socially distanced in accordance with Montgomery County guidelines. Children over 2 will be required to wear masks.
AT HOME/DROP OFF: We are looking for volunteers to make bags of rice and beans at home (you purchase the ingredients yourself) and drop them off at the JCC between 10 AM-1 PM. Please register so we know how many folks to expect. Drop off information will be sent to you prior to February 15.
AT HOME Instructions:
- Bag 4 cups of rice or beans using a measuring cup and quart size plastic zip lock bag
- Write an inspirational quote on an index card (one quote per card)
- Attach quote to the bags with tape on the top and bottom of the card
- Place bags in a grocery bag for drop off
- If making more than 5 bags, please do both rice and beans bags (but do not mix together in the same bag.) We want to make sure they get both rice and beans with the donation.