Governor Hogan announced the closure of several types of businesses throughout Maryland, including fitness centers beginning March 16 at 5 PM until the state of emergency has been rescinded. At this time, we do not know when we will be allowed to reopen.
Preschool and our Kids After School program will be closed until April 24 with Governor Hogan’s recent announcement. 3/25/20
Program changes Updated 4/1/20:
Out of an abundance of caution, the Bender JCC has decided to cancel or postpone a few large upcoming events. We will continue to monitor the situation and update this page with program and operational changes.
- Wednesday, April 1 | Cinema J
- Sunday, April 5 | Mount Vernon Virtuosi Chamber Orchestra Concerts Beethoven’s 250th Anniversary Extravaganza – cancelled
- Wednesday, April 22 | Coming of Age Lecture (at Leisure World) – cancelled
- Thursday, April 23 | Biblical Archaeology Forum – cancelled
- Tuesday, April 28 | Coming of Age lecture – cancelled
- Thursday, April 30 | Coming of Age Lecture (at Leisure World) – cancelled
- Sunday, May 3 | AOE Concert – cancelled
- Wednesday, May 6 | Cinema J – cancelled
- Sunday, May 17 | Mount Vernon Virtuosi Concert – cancelled
- The Selma Sweetbaum Satellite Nutrition Program (this includes Mondays at Ring House, Tuesdays at the J, Wednesdays at Har Tzeon and Young Israel Shomrei, and Thursdays at har Tzeon). – all sites are temporarily closed
- Biblical Archaeology Forum – cancelled all remaining programs for the season
For the safety of everyone at the Bender JCC, we are asking that members, participants, and staff:
- Do not come to the Bender JCC if you feel sick or have recently traveled overseas.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your, or your child’s, hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If you have fever, cough or shortness of breath, or have been in close contact with someone who has Covid-19, seek medical treatment.
Here’s what we have done to provide a safer environment and help prevent transmissions:
- Building-wide signage about handwashing
- Fitness center signage about wiping down equipment
- Hand sanitizer dispensers at the entrance and throughout the building
- Additional disinfection of surfaces in preschool and equipment in the fitness center
- Frequent handwashing of children in the preschool (we do not use hand sanitizer with preschool students)
We will continue to provide regular, transparent fact-based communications to keep you apprised of any impact on our Bender JCC community.
- If you have questions related to our fitness operations, please contact Treva Bustow, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have questions related to early childhood and youth programs, please contact Susan Fischer, email@example.com.
- If you have questions about adult and senior programs, please contact Adam Tennen, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have questions about rentals, please contact Aaron Martin, email@example.com.