The Greater Washington Jewish Sports Hall of Fame honors outstanding Jewish athletes and sports professional who have strong ties to the Greater Washington Jewish community.
Application Deadline: March 3, 2017
The Sports Hall of Fame inductees will be honored at the annual Dinner of Champions on Saturday, November 18, 2017. This is the Bender JCC’s signature fundraising event and supports Camp JCC’s nationally-recognized inclusion program for children, teens and young adults with special needs.
Candidates for induction into the Greater Washington Jewish Sports Hall of Fame must meet the following criteria:
- Must be Jewish
- Must be able to attend the event on November 18, 2017
- Must have outstanding accomplishments as an athlete or sports professional
- Must demonstrate excellence in leadership, sportsmanship and character
- Must have strong ties to the Greater Washington, DC area
- Born and/or raised in the area
- Attended high school or college in the area
- Participated in sports or in the sports profession in the area
- Currently living in the area OR have lived here for a significant period of time
The Greater Washington Jewish Sports Hall of Fame selection committee will hold a community nomination meeting on Wednesday, March 15 at 7:00 PM at the Bender JCC. This is the only selection committee meeting that is open to the public.
If you are interested in nominating someone for the Sports Hall of Fame you may attend this meeting and make a presentation on behalf of your candidate. Presentations should not exceed two minutes.
If you have any questions, please contact Jodi Shulimson at: 301-348-3769 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete the Sports Hall of Fame nomination form below and attach any pertinent articles or information about your candidate.